Saturday, August 22, 2015

Riding on a Cloud





Riding on a Cloud--

I walk and watch a golden tail,
poised upward,
catching the wind.

He walks,
and I am  tethered
to the other end of the leash.

It is me
who follows
and not leads.

And for once
in my life,
I'm grateful for that.

Now, after years and years
of lines
and order
and organizational structure.

After being the follower
and the leader,
marked by a rigorous
daily schedule, a regimen
and routine--

I can relax.

I am not the schedule
maker,
nor am I the schedule
follower.

Sure, I hold
a calendar
with dates
and work
still to be done.

But I am, now
the cloud rider
instead.
I ebb and flow
in the wind.

I lean in and lend a hand,
pull back
and escape...

to my cottage,
my writing,
my dream, left for years...
undone.

Now is my time, my world,
my chance
to sail on a cloud,
to be light
and uplifted
by the wind!

No comments: