Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Puppy Waits-March 18: Slice of Life Challenge #SOLC 2015: 18/31


Waiting


At the end of the day,

a very long day,

I edge my car 

down the drive.

And up on a snowbank

a golden puppy

waits

for me.


I haul out the work bag,

the grocery bags,

and at last, the mail.


And a golden puppy

waits 

for me.


And when the garbage can

gets dragged

down to the street,

That sweet golden 

puppy

still waits.



So when tired feet 

crest the hill,

it's no surprise

to see his sparkling eyes,

that gaping smile,

his wagging tail,

my golden puppy

who waits.


For a chance to

dance

to snuggle and prance

then wander off...and play in the snow,

his snow

again.





3 comments:

Andrea said...

This is so sweet! Don't you love that little dance that dogs do when you get home? I have a little black puppy that greets me. It is the best feeling in the world. And your guy is so handsome!

Robin said...

I love it! The repeating line and the imagery - awesome! Such a sweet little face too.

gael lynch said...

Thank you both! After a stressful day of SBAC testing--I so needed his silly dance yesterday. And...he poked at me and woke me up this morning. A puppy dog life!